A 3 month old Staffie named Roxy was brought in to the Out Of Hours emergency service by her owners as she was lethargic and had been vomiting. On physical examination a suspected intestinal foreign body was noted. Unfortunately her owners were not insured and financially could not afford the surgical procedure.
We were lucky enough that SAIN was able to step forward and provide some financial help for these owners through the money they have raised through various fundraising activities. Roxy underwent surgery to remove both the foreign body (pieces of a plastic dog chew) and also a portion of her small intestine that was devitalized.
She recovered fully, and of course the owners are extremely grateful. Thank you to the staff involved and to SAIN for making the surgery possible!